Coronavirus live news: Sweden reports record daily cases; Madrid to seal itself from other regions for 10 days
After unorthodox pandemic strategy, Sweden records 7,420 daily cases; Madrid to close borders with other regions; Germany says cases stabilising but not decliningSouth Australia premier fuming over pizza lie that put state in lockdownCalifornia...
- South Australia premier fuming over pizza lie that put state in lockdown
- California enacts curfew for majority of state’s 40m residents
- Scientists race to find ‘warm’ Covid vaccine to solve issue of cold storage
- Arthritis drug appears to help Covid patients in ICU
- ‘Massive headache’: European leaders put off Christmas decisions
Hello, I will be updating the global blog for the rest of the afternoon. Please do send any stories and tips to email@example.com or follow me on Twitter to send me a DM.
New daily cases in Canada could soar to 60,000 by the end of the year, up from less than 5,000 now, if people increase their daily contacts, medical officials have warned in a grim forecast.
Even if current restrictions on gatherings are maintained, new daily cases will jump to more than 20,000 over the same time period, the officials told a briefing. Several Canadian provinces are reimposing restrictions on movement and businesses as a second wave of the pandemic rips across the country.Continue reading...